Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cliche

My latest drawing brought me to thinking of symbols. I wanted to draw french girl, lovely stylish feminine character. But my main thoughts were: red, white, black, stripes and polka dots. Not too much, and very cliche. And yes, I remembered Carrie Bradshow from 'Sex and the City' when she arrived to Paris. She looked soooo sweet, although when I was in Paris I haven't seen even one girl wearing this type of clothes :)  But we operate with cliches all the time, so I decided to go for it. While drawing, my character became a bit different from my original idea. But I still call her French Girl since I find her very feminine. She does not follow latest trends but chooses what is flattering her. And this is how I understand 'french style'.

The title of the drawing is 'And what now?'


4 comments:

  1. She didn't want to be part of a cliche, so she guided your hand away from it...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, exactly! I didn't think this way. All her choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see her in motion. How about an animated short? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely drawing. I like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...