Monday, August 22, 2011

Before the Sun Burns Us Out

I am very fascinated by Mayan culture, and this was my inspiration for this image. First of all their culture of the Sun, incredible calendar and awareness of the Solar System, and to the contrary worshiping Sun as a God. And of course I love their art, it is amazing art treasure. Such a pity almost all of the Mayan manuscripts got burnt and we can only guess where they had their knowledge from. Great mistery there.
Fashion mixed media collage - hand drawing: ink and colour markers.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous images!!
    I am so inspired by anything Mayan, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea and I love the outfit :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...